Junior Section Match Report – Chivas Guadalajara 6 – 1 Middlesbrough

Jul 26, 2016 | Junior Section | 0 comments

Chivas remain unbeaten in the tournament after their second straight resounding victory, this time against English side Middlesbrough.

Chivas started where they left off after their 5-1 defeat of Swindon Town yesterday, and wasted no time in establishing their authority in this match. Intricate footwork down the right from Jose Plascencia allowed him to pull the ball back to Alejandro Sanchez on the edge of the area who was able to sweep home via a Middlesbrough deflection past a hapless Bobby Jones for a 1-0 lead. Chivas almost doubled their lead when Plascencia was close to finding Idelfonso Manzanares with an outside of the foot pass, but Jones was there to sweep up the danger.

Chivas were able to double their lead in spectacular fashion when Alejandro Sanchez chipped Jones from just inside the Middlesbrough half.

Chivas picked up where they left off after the interval when a cross from Manzanares was met at the back post on the volley by Zahid Munoz to give Chivas a three goal lead.

Middlesbrough managed to get on the score sheet soon after when Isaac Fletcher was able to find Jack Stapely down the right hand side, who pulled the ball back for Fletcher to calmly curl a shot into the top corner.

Despite finding some momentum in the second half, with Stapely giving the Chivas defence some problems, Middlesbrough were deflated when Sebastian Martinez found himself in on goal, giving the keeper Jones no option but to bring him down. Munoz coolly slotted the penalty past Jones to restore their three goal cushion. It was made 5-1 shortly after as Manzanares lobbed Jones from the half way line, in an almost identical fashion to Sanchez in the first half.

Middlesbrough were awarded a penalty of their own when Stapely was brought down in the area, but he could only hit the post with his effort. Andrew Wilson was also unlucky not to find the back of the net when his hooked shot came back off the crossbar.

The final nail was hammered in to the Middlesbrough coffin when Martinez fired past substitute keeper Joshua Risdale in stoppage time to give Chivas a decisive victory.