Right to Dream v County Tyrone – Premier Section Match Report

Jul 27, 2015 | Premier Section

Right to Dream opened their Premier Section account with a win against a brave County Tyrone side.


The Ghanaian’s drew first blood when striker Emmanuel Issaka stroked the ball home inside five minutes of the second half. Captain Collins Tanor doubled their advantage after capitalising on a loose ball after 55 minutes to tap the ball into an empty goal. It seemed that Right to Dream would ease to victory. However, Co Tyrone went straight up the other end a minute later and reduced the deficit thanks to a Ronan Young free-kick.


The strike set-up a dramatic thriller and the crowd were right behind the county side. But despite their best efforts, Tyrone were unable to steal a point and the game finished with Right to Dream as winners. The first half was a cagey affair with the Ghanaian’s controlling most of the possession while Tyrone broke up any momentum that was built into the final third. Although Tyrone didn’t see much of the ball, they looked threatening and sprung counter attacks at every opportunity.


Tyrone striker Kieffer Scott ran the channels and pressed hard. Scott’s hard work was rewarded with the game’s best chance when he latched onto a lofted through ball, but his effort agonisingly flashed shy of the post after 9 minutes. Right to Dream then showed what they were capable of just before halftime when tricky winger Enoch Adu danced into the box from the right flank and squared it to Ernest Agyiri who misfired from close range.


With nothing to separate the sides in the first half and the rain pouring down, Adu once again caused problems, his effort clipping the bar to the relief of the County side. His strike proved to be a sign of things to come, as Adu then smashed a low cross across the box two minutes later which found an unmarked Issaka, who slotted it into the net.


Right to Dream extended their lead 15 minutes later after a mix up in the Tyrone defence gifted the ball to Tanor, who was able to keep his composure and slide the ball into an empty goal. A minute later, Tyrone found the net when Young’s direct free-kick was spilled by goalkeeper Kusi Godwin. Treacherous conditions could have played a part, as the wet ball spun its way past and through the Godwin’s hands.


With 15 minutes still to go, Tyrone tried to force their way to another goal. However, they were unable to break down a tight-knit Right to Dream defence and the game concluded with a Steafan O’Hare booking for a late tackle on Adu.

Words: Nathan Webb