Premier Section Match Report – Osasco FC 0 – 3 Hibernian

Jul 25, 2016 | Premier Section

It didn’t take long for this game to come alive. With just six minutes on the clock, a heavy touch in the Osasco defence allowed Hibs to open the scoring with a shot into the bottom corner. Soon after, Hibs challenged the referee’s decision, when he opted not to award them a free kick inside the box, after defender Cleyson Aroujo appeared to have passed the ball back to keeper Cucato Lopez. All in all, it was a quiet first half but two minutes before the break, Joao Pedro was shown yellow for a reckless tackle on the Hibs full back. On a wet afternoon it was hard for either side to get going.

Osasco started the second half better. A swift move down the right saw a great ball clipped over the top for  William dos Santos, but he was judged to be offside. Osasco were then on the attack again but lost possession and the clearance fell to Fraser Murray who played the ball across the box for Paton who made no mistake, slotting the ball into the empty net.

Murray was enjoying his time down the left wing and, again, managed to find a ball into the box but the Osasco defence dealt with it comfortably. Hibs continued to pile on the pressure and after a quick free kick in the middle of the park, Murray again found himself with time to pick out his man but the header was cleared.

Osasco’s attacks were very few and far between in the second half, but when full back Giancarlo ventured forward he was brought down by a late tackle from Hibs left back Callum Yeates. The resulting free kick was caught by the keeper and Hibs broke in numbers. Superb work down the left flank from Gallantes allowed him to find Jamie Gullan, who was brought down  by the Osasco keeper, with the referee awarding the penalty. Gullan then gathered himself to slot the penalty home for Hibs third of the day. 

Hibs had the ball in the net again soon after but the linesman judged Ruari Paton to be offside. Osasco pressed in the dying embers of the game but it turned out to be a comfortable opening game for Hibs as it finished 3 goals to nil.