Match Report – Dundalk SL 0 v 3 Everton

Jul 31, 2014 | Junior Section

Dundalk Schools League 0-3 Everton. Roe Mill, Limavady. Milk Cup Salver semi-final.

Everton dispatched their Irish opponents with ease as three early goals were enough to send them through to the Milk Cup Salver final.

The usually impressive Everton academy side have had a disappointing Milk Cup tournament this year by their standards. The Merseyside team had picked up four points from their three games. This didn’t look the case as they were two goals up inside eight minutes.

Their opponents, Dundalk, had picked up three points thanks to a solitary win and lacked the clinical edge demonstrated by their opponents.

Everton took the lead after just five minutes. A defensive mix-up presented Charlie Ball with a clean break on goal, he finished the chance with real quality as he poked the ball into the bottom-left hand corner of the goal.

Everton and Ball doubled their tally before the ten minute mark. Ryan Corrigan brought a good save from Adam Molloy in the Dundalk goal, though he only managed to parry it in the direction of Ball, who tucked the ball home with ease.

Everton bagged their third after fifteen minutes. Fraser Hornby profited from another defensive mix-up, the tall defender nodded in after Dundalk failed to clear an Everton corner.

Everton were in complete control of the game and continued to be for the remainder of the game.
Dundalk struggled to test the Everton goal-keeper all day, the closest they came was a Sean O’Hanlon header from a corner.

The Tofees were well worth their lead and will go into tomorrow’s final full of confidence if this display was anything to go by.

Dundalk: Adam Molloy, Danny Wickenden, Lewis Merridan, Dean Connoly, Jack Reid, Gavin Smith, Sean O’Hanlon, Oisin McCabe, Amara Ibeh, Daniel Keane, Adam Hooper

Everton: Aaron Jones, Kwazi Mpofu, Morgan Feeney, Alex Denny, Ryan Corrigan, Liam Morris, Callum Lees, Kyle Porter, Rio Gill, Kieran Phillips, Charlie Ball

By John Owen